- USGBC (U.S. Green Building Council) NJ Chapter: Former Board of Directors; Founder and Immediate Past Chair of Central Branch
- TechUnited, New Jersey Business and Industry Association
- Princeton Mercer Regional Chamber of Commerce
- NJ Business & Industry Association
- Trade Ally of New Jersey Board of Public Utilities – Clean Energy Program; PSE&G; JCP&L
In the past fifty (50) years, Mr. Montalvo has designed, installed, serviced, and/or supervised the installation and service of approximately six thousand (6,000) HVAC&R systems.
Between 1984 and 1992, Mr. Montalvo performed extensive design, installation, and service work for major New Jersey Utility Companies (New Jersey Natural Gas Co., Public Service Electric & Gas Co., and Jersey Central Power & Light Co.)
Between 1992 and the present, Mr. Montalvo has performed and/or coordinated Energy Reports, Preliminary Energy Studies, Comprehensive/Investment Grade Audits, Computer Modeling/Simulations (ASHRAE LEVEL I, II & III Energy Audits), energy (BAS) conservation centric Mechanical Electrical Plumbing (MEP design, and implementation, energy management, and Building Automation Systems as well as on-going technical support.
In 2008 Mr. Montalvo applied for his first of three (3) patents on a Fully Automated Demand Response/Reduction System which became known as Essential FADRS. The patent was granted in 2013 and was followed by two (2) additional patents. In 2015 (FADRS Near Net Zero and FADRS Net Zero) and in 2019 FADRS IoT “Mini BAS” Edge Control (FADRS GIZMO)
- Smart Grid Technology: This Fully Automated Demand Response/Reduction system (FADRS™; pronounced faders) significantly reduces energy (income stream #1) and enables customers to participate in power grid programs such as Demand Response (income stream #2). This technology is fully automated, predictive, self-healing, and Human Centric and requires no actions on the part of the customer. It also reduces the client’s carbon footprint which in turn reduces the impacts of global warming.
This technology is disruptive in that it saves 30% – 40% of the total annual energy cost.
- Smart Micro-Grid Technology: This FADRS™ technology is typically intended for large buildings and campuses (colleges, universities, corporate, cities and towns). While sophisticated enough to give the client a Net Zero Energy Cost, it also requires no actions on the part of the client.
Both these energy technologies are supported by the world’s largest power grid (The PJM Interconnection) and are considered “game changers” or “disruptive technologies” by industry professionals throughout the nation.
This Distributed Energy Resource (DER) technology is disruptive in that it saves 80% – 100% of the total annual energy cost.
- IoT “Micro-BAS” Edge Control Technology: This technology builds on the first two Smart Grid Technologies by miniaturizing a conventional large Building Automation System (“BAS”) to the point that disruptive high performance and carbon reduction can be achieved at 80% – 90% less cost than a conventional BAS.
Mr. Montalvo strongly believes that this will become the future of BAS by leveling the playing field so that Small to Medium Size Business (“SMB”), which represent 80% of the U.S.A. economy, can compete with any size company (no matter how large) and use the money saved from significant energy reduction and monetary incentives earned from the Power Grid to help them optimize their networks. Now SMBs can have extra money going to their bottom lines for improving their lifestyle, hiring more employees, expanding their businesses, helping reduce global warming, etc.
This technology is disruptive in that it saves 20% – 30% of the total annual energy cost via a “Mini BAS” that costs the client only 10% – 20% of the cost of a conventional BAS while keeping all the functionality of an Advanced BAS.
Mr. Montalvo drives the company’s vision with emphasis on holistic energy conservation utilizing time-tested best practices, R&D on the latest energy savings technologies, and system selection based on a customized engineering approach providing just the right combination of Measured and Verified Energy Savings, a high level of Indoor Air Quality (“IAQ”), and a very comfortable internal environment while remaining “invisible” to users.